This is not the first time I’ve heard about this award. Even before I started blogging, I’ve read some blogs and some of their posts had this Liebster award. It must be so nice for your blog to be noticed and appreciated by other people. 🙂 Thank you very much to Sakura Namikaze of The Winter in my Soul! I don’t know how exactly you discovered my blog, but I’m guessing it was because of ariacross.
I’ve done my stalking/research part lol. This is my first time to receive such award and it feels great to be officially, though arbitrarily, welcomed by another blogger in the blogosphere~
The Liebster Award is not an official award, since there are no judges or standards that determine which blogs/bloggers to receive this recognition. It apparently originated from a German blog, which makes sense from the name of the award itself; Liebster means dearest or beloved. I personally think it’s a very nice way of recognizing and helping fellow bloggers to gain a wider readership and to connect with other fellow bloggers.
There are several variations to the rules of Liebster award since different bloggers have also modified the original rules (which I do not know) as the award is being passed on to other bloggers. Basically, alterations wouldn’t be avoided since a wide array of people have received and passed along this chain letter-ish award. There are certainly no curses in this chain, it’s a simple and happy way of recognizing others and being recognized by others.
There are many chains and webs created by this award, getting many bloggers involved in this huge blogosphere network. Some people have refused to pass along the baton, but the majority has kept the race running. I was waiting for an opportunity like this, so I am honored to be able to write a Liebster award post! I am more than willing to keep this tradition alive, and for now, I’ll try to follow the rules. 🙂
These are the 11 questions I needed to answer:
- Which do you like, a sunny or rainy day? Justify your answer.
I don’t particularly like either of them, but I prefer a sunny day over a rainy day simply because it’s favorable and convenient for me especially when I travel, commute to school, go out to buy stuff, but the heat can really be painfully annoying. Sometimes, I also prefer rainy days especially during the hot and humid season, so that the surroundings will cool down, plants and trees will be watered (preventing them from wilting to death), and I would just cuddle in my bed.
- What is the first word that you think when you see a glass of water?
Not a word, but a question: “Is it clean and safe enough to drink?”
- How do you deal with a difficult person?
What is a “difficult” person? The answer is different from person to person. For me, a difficult person is (a) someone who only talks and talks and doesn’t listen to the person he/she is talking to, more especially if all he/she talks about is complaints, rants, celebrities’ lives, rumors; (b) someone who thinks very highly of himself to the point that he doesn’t consider the suggestions or corrections of others; or (c) someone who is insensitive and blindly enthusiastic especially around sad, lonely, or depressed people.
So how do I deal with such person? Theoretically, I will confront him and tell him I’m uncomfortable with how he behaves with me. Unfortunately, I’ve never done that! I’ve only run simulations in my head, but never really able to tell those people off.
- What makes you laugh?
Funny things make me laugh! Hahaha. Okay, honestly almost anything can make me laugh, as long as I am in my “laughter” mode or the switch is flipped in my head. Yes, I have those moments when I reminisce some of the funniest memories and I would just laugh or snicker on my bed in my room or in the corner of the classroom while the instructor is teaching a new lesson.
I especially appreciate puns (Filipino, English, and Japanese) and even real-life bloopers!
- If Orochimaru offers you that he will perform the “Edo Tensei Jutsu” for free, who will you choose to be summoned and awakened? And why? (Clue: you can search through Google what the heck Edo Tensei is. Hahahaha)
Hmmm, I think I’d really like to meet Jose Rizal in person. I am forever amazed by his genius, which made ladies from different parts of the world fall in love with him. I’d like to have an intellectual discussion with him, though I doubt I’d be able to say anything to him except for the mishaps in the country. I can imagine him doing a facepalm.
- What will you choose among these powers: ability to read mind, fly or clone anything? Why? Note: One power only.
I think I would like the power to read minds of others, the kind of mind-reading ability that can be fully controlled. I can choose whose mind I’ll read at any time. That would greatly help me know what other people are thinking
duh, which would open doors to visions and perceptions that I alone would not be able to see.
- What is your dream that has not yet come through?
That would be the dream that we finally get out of this mediocre standard of living. I want to give my parents an easy life and assist my cousins, nephews and nieces finish their education. I also dream of treating random strangers to lunch. I’m still a student, so working my way out of deprivation is still a long road I need to take.
- If you are a song, who would you like to sing it and why?
I would like Nano to sing me. I find most of her songs as reflections of my life, so listening to them gives me strength and reassurance that I am not alone. So being sung by nano would feel natural for me.
- What is your opinion with regard to those people who did the ALS ice bucket challenge? Do you think that they really want to raise awareness and donation regarding Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis or just to follow the trend and become famous around the Internet?
I don’t know if they’re really taking it seriously, but I sometimes feel that not all of them are–that they are just doing it for the sake of publicity and nothing else. I don’t think highly of trends like this because these are the type of things that are taken to the extremes: the extreme of taking it seriously and the extreme of taking it as a joke. And isn’t it ironic that people who did the ice bucket challenge did it in order to run away from the compulsory donation? It defeats the purpose of sincerely donating money for research on the subject. In the end, the ALS ice bucket challenge still seems a mere publicity stunt by those who don’t send a penny.
- In what particular country would you like to live forever?
Somewhere in Europe would be nice. Choices include the Netherlands, Scotland, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Italy. And if I would choose a location, it would be somewhere far from the city, somewhere only mountains, blue sky, free animals, and tall trees would be seen (aside from other neighbors and houses).
- How many times do you take a bath in a day?
I normally bathe once in a day.
11 Random Facts about me
- I love cats and I prefer them as pets over dogs
- I have a folder containing pictures of celebrity girl and boy crushes~ Girl crushes include 2NE1,
nano (please refuse from gender comments),Aragaki Yui, and Kim Tae Hee. Boy crushes include TVXQ, EXO, Kim Bum, Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Hye Sung, B1A4, and Benedict Cumberbatch. 🙂
- I was once a die-hard Kpop fangirl. It took anime rediscovery and computer reformat to switch to anime and manga as sources of entertainment
- I don’t watch American TV series, though it’s not like I won’t ever watch them
- I also don’t watch a lot of movies like other people do nowadays. Of course I can download or buy them anytime, but I’m just uninterested…
- I’m an INTP, and that’s the same result I get after answering several online quizzes around the internet for four years now.
- I am extremely shy and I find it difficult to voice out my opinions in front of at least 4 people (including friends/classmates)
- I get easily jealous 😦
- I have this tendency to hate on whatever that goes trending, especially in Facebook. It’s just that I don’t always shout out my hate ’cause it’s so much trouble and tiresome to do.
- I have this habit of peeling off little by little a layer of skin on my fingertips just by using my fingernails. And that’s how my skin gets tougher and thicker around the fingertips over the years, tempting me to do the same thing all over again without end. Apparently, it’s a vicious habit I can’t disengage myself from.
- They say I’m slow on jokes, which I don’t deny. But hey, most of their jokes are not found in my laughter radar. It’s simply because what’s funny for them aren’t always funny for me and vice versa. This must be the effect of being influenced by anime/manga humor at a certain degree.
My nominees for the Liebster Award are the following people/blogs~
And these are my questions for you 🙂
- What’s your favorite animal? Why?
- What’s your favorite plant? Why?
- Which foreign language do you really want to learn? State your reasons.
- Which was the subject/class you found easiest to pass? Why was it easiest to pass?
- If there’s something that you started doing since childhood, what is it? Or what is something that you have been doing for at least ten years now? What’s the story behind it?
- Do you like 2D and 3D animated movies like the ones by Disney? If yes, which is your favorite full-length film in the said category?
- What’s your most favorite genre of books? List some of the authors that you love who also write works related to that genre.
- What’s your most favorite music genre? Name some of your favorite artists that go with that style.
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- Which international organization (i.e. WHO, FAO, UN) would you like to join? Why?
- What/Who inspired you to blog?
These are the rules that you have to follow, if you want to follow the rules, lel.
That’s it, mates! Thanks for reading through!