I’ve listed some of my favorite OPs and EDs from 2014 in a series of posts under my ongoing project, Favorite OP & ED (by season):
- Winter 2014 OP
- Winter 2014 ED (coming soon)
- Spring 2014 OP
- Spring 2014 ED
- Summer 2014 OP
- Summer 2014 ED
- Fall 2014 OP
- Fall 2014 ED
Among those wonderful songs, here are my top 10 favorites, in no particular order:
- Anime : Blade & Soul, ED| Song : RAINBOW | Artist : lego big morl
- Anime : Gin no Saji 2, ED | Song : Oto no Naru Hou e | Artist : Goose house
- Anime : Ping Pong The Animation | Song : Tada Hitori | Artist : Bakudan Johnny
- Anime : Ping Pong The Animation | Song : ‘Ano Hero to’ Bokura ni Tsuite | Artist : Merengue
- Anime : Mushishi Zoku Shou | Song : Shiver | Artist : Lucy Rose
- Anime : Baby Steps | Song : Believe in yourself | Artist : Abe Mao
- Anime : Barakamon | Song : Rashisa | Artist : SUPER BEAVER
- Anime : Aldnoah.Zero | Song : aLIEz | Artist: SawanoHiroyuki[nZk]:mizuki
- 5. Anime : Tokyo Ghoul | Song : Seijatachi (Saints) | Artist : People In The Box
- Anime : Glasslip | Song : Toumei na Sekai (Transparent World) | Artist : nano.RIPE
Of course, anime music is not complete without OST. Here are my personal favorites, which I think you should check out if you missed them. If there are other OST I didn’t mention, it’s most likely because I haven’t actually listened to them. Feel free to comment which you think I also missed!
- NagiAsu OST by various artists (2 discs) – Reaaaaaaaally good and consistently atmospheric, despite the fact that various artists worked on this. It was used effectively in the series as well. My favorite tracks are umi no namida and Marine snow. Because of this OST, I got to know DEPAPEPE.
- Terror in Resonance OST by Kanno Yoko (2 discs) – Kanno Yoko goodness. Incredibly nostalgic and melancholic. Favorite tracks are von, nc17, and hanna.
- Haikyuu!! OST by Yuki Hayashi, Asami Tachibana (2 discs) – The OST is probably one of the reasons HQ!! feels more like slice of life than just a sports shounen anime. Favorite tracks are team mate, interesting team, and birth of duo.
Pingback: Fall 2013: My favorite OP – Anime Vios·
The image reminded me of the amazing background music of Netero’s epic fight with Chimera Ant King Meruem from HUNTER x HUNTER. It gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it. I might be veering a little bit off-topic from your post, but I think that HUNTER x HUNTER (2011) has the best background music I’ve ever heard in the anime. But I’m not talking about the opening or ending songs.
No, that’s not off-topic at all! Thanks for mentioning it! Looking back, I also think that HxH OST is pretty good and its timing of use, as well as the appropriateness of the tracks, are just one of the reasons why HxH is one of the best anime.
Exactly! Even I think that they’re better than ONE PIECE’s, and you know that I’m a gigantic fan of OP. Hahaha!
Well, yes, One Piece’s was good too, but I can’t remember it well enough to actually compare it with HxH’s. Still, I think Nagi no Asukara OST is the most beautiful OST, even as an independent music from the anime. 🙂
I’m not familiar with that Nagi no Sakura you’re talking about.
Yes, I love all the music from HxH.
I recommend the Nagi no Asukara series! It just finished airing last year. It’s by far the best work of P.A Works.
Good to know. I’m actually trying to watch anime randomly right now. I’m quite disappointed, though. I’ll try Nagi no Asakura. . . eventually. Thanks!